Everyone should brush their teeth at least twice a day. In this post from Smileology in Niceville and Miramar Beach FL, we’ll talk about why this is so important.
Brushing and flossing are the best ways to prevent tooth decay and gum disease. It can help remove food debris from teeth and cleans away plaque build-up; especially when you use a fluoridated toothpaste.
If we let food stay on our teeth, the starches in it combine with the plaque. This nasty mixture forms an acid which immediately starts drilling into the enamel to form cavities. Brushing can’t get all the spaces between your teeth, so you’ve got to floss also.
When You Brush…
- Be sure to get all over your teeth: the front and the sides, inside and out, and the top.
- When you to the sides, be sure you brush along the gum-line.
- Use a gentle touch, and hold the brush at a 45-degree angle.
- As you do the front and side surfaces, move the brush in gentle, circular strokes.
- Make sure you brush for at least two minutes.
- Use a pea-sized blob of fluoridated toothpaste – or more than a pea-sized, if you prefer. Too much is no big deal, but be sure to use enough.
At Smileology in Niceville and Miramar Beach FL, we want all of our patients to enjoy clean teeth and healthy gums. People throughout Destin and Florala AL see us for a checkup every six months. We offer general and restorative dentistry. Contact us today!