Laser dentistry is an innovation we are excited to bring to Northwest Florida. It uses focused light to perform procedures without a scalpel or stitches. Call Smileology for a tongue tie surgery, frenectomy, gum contouring, or other laser dentistry services.
What Are the Benefits of Laser Dentistry?
Many patients can’t believe what they’re seeing and feeling when they try laser dentistry. It’s amazing that lasers can cut or contour tissue while:
- Requiring few or zero stitches after the procedure.
- Causing little or no pain—even without sedation.
- Preventing infection, because the laser light is sterile.
- Stimulating the tissue to heal and grow.
- Protecting the walls of your teeth.
Because lasers are tight beams of light, we can use them precisely on the tissue we target, while avoiding nearby teeth and other tissues.
What Procedures Can a Laser Be Used for?
We use soft-tissue lasers whenever they can make you more comfortable and improve dental services. Laser dentistry can be both more efficient and safer than traditional methods. We use laser dentistry in:
- Gum Disease Treatment | A laser will sterilize your gums during a periodontal treatment to eliminate your gum infection. The laser can even stimulate gums to heal.
- Gum Contouring | A laser is a painless, safe way to change the shape of gums for a beautiful new smile.
- Denture Fitting | A laser can shape and remove tissues that interfere with a comfortable denture fit.
- Tongue-Tie Treatment | When a patient is literally tongue-tied—a short tissue is preventing the tongue from moving naturally—we can use a laser for a tongue tie surgery (called a frenectomy) to painlessly, quickly release it.
This is just a sample of the exciting applications of laser dentistry. If you could benefit from the use of laser dentistry, we’ll explain the rationale behind it and help you understand the procedure.
Contact Smileology for Laser Dentistry
If you need dental services on your gums or dentures—such as a frenectomy, tongue tie surgery, or gum contouring—we can make them safer, more comfortable, and more efficient with a soft-tissue laser. Or you or your child may need a tongue frenulum or other tissue to be incised by a laser. Schedule your next appointment with Smileology now to be one of our VIP patients.