Are you experiencing dental pain? Or have you suffered accidental damage to your teeth? In certain cases, a tooth extraction or wisdom teeth removal is the right solution. We use preventive services to protect your teeth, but accidents happen—teeth decay, and genetic and environmental factors cause challenges.
If you are experiencing an emergency, please call Smileology now! We will gladly schedule you in as soon as possible to relieve your pain and improve your health.
When Is a Tooth Extraction Necessary?
The most common cases that require a tooth extraction include:
- Wisdom Teeth Removal | We can have your wisdom teeth pulled when we determine that they could threaten your other teeth. If they are currently impacted against a tooth or gums, we’ll refer you next door to an oral surgeon we recommend for wisdom teeth removal.
- Disease | If a tooth is in an advanced state of decay—or vulnerable to decay because of its position in the mouth—we may recommend extraction.
- Crowding | A growing tooth may crowd your other teeth, or your jaw may not have sufficient room for the new tooth.
- Accidents | A sports injury, car accident, or other source of impact may place a tooth beyond the reach of restorative services.
- Angling | A tooth growing at an unhealthy angle may threaten other teeth.
Your dentist at Smileology will discover during your regular exams if you need to have your wisdom teeth pulled. We’ll recommend an extraction if it’s in your best interest—and not for any other reason. We take tooth extraction seriously. When it’s truly time for an extraction, such as getting your wisdom teeth pulled, you can trust that there’s no better option.
Contact Smileology for a Safe Extraction
If you have any anxiety about your tooth extraction, contact us for help. At Smileology, we treat every patient like a VIP. We’ll keep you comfortable and offer you the level of sedation you need to be calm and pain-free. We will also recommend the right tooth restoration for your budget and goals.
If you have a dental emergency such as accidental tooth trauma, call us now! We’ll find you the first appointment we can to quickly deliver top-quality dental care.